Member Service Representative
Salary: $14.00 to $18.75/hour (based on experience)
Hours: 8am to 5pm; no Saturday hours
Contact: submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
York Educational is looking for full-time energetic and service oriented individual to join their team. We have competitive wages, medical/vision/dental insurance, 401K match and PTO.
Perform limited transactional duties to serve members by receiving or paying out funds with high degree of accuracy. Maintain accurate transactional records, providing basic cash receipt and payment services in accordance with credit union policies and procedures.
- Greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous, professional, and timely manner, providing prompt, accurate, and efficient member transactions.
- Open new share accounts and certificates. Assist members in the completion of Individual Retirement Account and Share Certificate applications.
- Process new account information including ordering checks, verifying eligibility, checking for appropriate signatures, filing cards, mailing welcome letters, etc. Type, laminate, and mail membership cards to members. Print starter or temporary checks for members. Assist members with ordering debit cards.
- Assist member with closing accounts and obtaining a clear reason for closing the account.
- Receive share drafts/checks and cash for deposit to accounts, verify amounts, examine share drafts/checks for proper endorsement, and enter deposits into computer records.
- Cash share drafts/checks and process withdrawals; pay out money after verification of signatures and member balances.
- Assist with mail or email transactions, when available.
- Maintain an up‐to‐date comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services that are handled or promoted by tellers. Maintain an up‐to‐date and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies and procedures, rules, and regulations for the teller area, including robbery procedures.
- Promote, explain, and cross‐sell other credit union services such as consumer and mortgage loans, IRAs, certificates, safe deposit boxes, debit and credit cards, on‐line banking, traveler’s checks, and money orders.
- Receive mortgage, consumer loan, and other payments, and ensure the payments match balances due. Enter payments into computer. Generate member receipts.
- Place hold on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Count, check, and package coins and currency.
- Balance cash drawer at the end of the shift and compare totaled amounts to computer‐ generated proof sheet. Research and resolve discrepancies. Report any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary.
- Ensure that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, brochures, etc.
- Report malfunctions of teller computers and other equipment used at the teller station.
- Check night depository bags and record proper information according to credit union procedures.
- Ensure that all information and transactions regarding credit union members are kept confidential. Enforce strict adherence to established security procedures.
- Complete any other duties as assigned to meet the mission of the credit union.
Salary: $18.00 to $21.00 hour (based on experience)
Hours: Between 20 to 24 hours a week/flexible schedule
Contact: submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
York Educational is looking for a part-time energetic and service oriented individual to join their team. We have competitive wages, medical/vision/dental insurance, 401K match and PTO.
Responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of the marketing plan for the credit union. Provide research activities on marketing trends within the industry. Recommend marketing strategies. Complete legal filings for regulatory compliance. Perform a variety of creative and support duties related to the marketing function within the credit union.
- Development and implementation of the overall marketing plan annually.
- Research industry trends and demographics in the field of membership and develop recommendations for products and services or marketing programs.
- Coordinate member surveys twice a year at minimum to analyze member feedback on relationship and transactional experience at the credit union, and report on results.
- Assist with development, implementation, and analysis of marketing promotions. Utilize a variety of computer applications in the design and implementation of marketing materials.
- Obtain and/or coordinate bids for all phases of the production of marketing materials.
- Manage vendor relationships and contracts for the production of marketing materials.
- Help train staff in cross‐selling and marketing techniques.
- Handle member inquiries about promotional and marketing programs.
- Develop contact lists of potential new SEGs, members, dealers, or brokers in the credit union’s field of membership.
- Assist with design of message for traditional media ad on radio, social media ads and email blasts.
- Maintain website content, messages and dated material.
- Research previous successful campaigns to understand what worked, what didn’t and what can be improved.
- Review the progress and success of a campaign, making adjustments or pitching ideas for new campaigns as necessary.
- Develop and implement schedule of community events that will help promote membership and support.
- Attends various meetings in the community and/or at trade associations to develop new business prospects and promote the credit union.
- May make presentations on financial services to groups to promote credit union products.
- Assist management with contacting potential customer base in a variety of methods and follow‐up methods: via telephone, site visits, letters, emails, and direct mail campaigns.
- Maintain an up‐to‐date contact tracking tool.
- Analyze the methods that are successful in developing business. Analyze the products that best meet member needs.
- Promote all products and services with cross‐selling to meet members’ or SEGs’ needs.
- 3 or more years of experience as a marketer
- College degree preferred
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Word Press, Constant Contact and social media platforms