Your personal information is being collected and shared. Let us help keep yourself protected.
Here are the Top 10 Tips for Avoiding Identity Theft
- Shred old financial documents that have your private information.
- Avoid carrying any cards with your Social Security Number, and don’t write your SSN on your checks.
- Get your mail as soon as possible after delivery or use a lockable mailbox.
- Take ATM and other receipts with you when making purchases.
- Keep an eye on your credit card at all times or pay with cash.
- It anyone calls you unexpectedly and asks for private information, do not reveal it. Contact the company yourself to confirm before revealing private information.
- Remove your name from marketing lists. Call the Do-Not-Call-Registry at 888-382-1222.
- Ask merchants if giving them your SSN or driver’s license is really necessary.
- Check your credit report annually to check for suspicious activity.
- Review credit card statements carefully.