Your personal information is being collected and shared. Let us help keep yourself protected.
Sherpa Identity Protection can save you from a huge headache.
Today’s landscape can be a daunting place for your identity. Fortunately, SHERPA® Identity Protection can guide you through it, giving you the peace of mind and confidence you need to go about business as usual.
Using top protection technology, SHERPA® equips you with the tools and guidance to help protect your personal information. While no product can prevent identity theft, SHERPA® provides proactive monitoring to quickly identify fraudulent activity and put you on the right path forward should your information be compromised.
With York Educational Federal Credit Union and SHERPA® by your side, your identity is protected through a combination of services that includes:
- Ongoing credit monitoring and alerts
- 24/7 internet surveillance, social security number trace
- Full service identity restoration
- Lost wallet protection.
- Plus, no charge identity theft protection insurance—out of pocket reimbursement up to $1 million and no deductible!
- Additional services available dependent up on protection level selected
Here are the Top 10 Tips for Avoiding Identity Theft
- Shred old financial documents that have your private information.
- Avoid carrying any cards with your Social Security Number, and don’t write your SSN on your checks.
- Get your mail as soon as possible after delivery or use a lockable mailbox.
- Take ATM and other receipts with you when making purchases.
- Keep an eye on your credit card at all times or pay with cash.
- It anyone calls you unexpectedly and asks for private information, do not reveal it. Contact the company yourself to confirm before revealing private information.
- Remove your name from marketing lists. Call the Do-Not-Call-Registry at 888-382-1222.
- Ask merchants if giving them your SSN or driver’s license is really necessary.
- Check your credit report annually to check for suspicious activity.
- Review credit card statements carefully.